Book Physical Appointment Online and Come to Hospital. Register for Free (Rs100 OFF)
IntraUterine Insemination (IUI)
Intrauterine insemination, as the name indicates, is a procedure in which the sperm from the semen is processed and then placed inside the uterus to enhance fertilization. Unlike the natural process where the sperms have to swim through the cervix into the uterus, IUI purifies the sperms and increases their concentration. Then this
concentrated semen is placed close to the egg.
Who Can Benefit From IUI?
IUI can be an easier assisted fertilization process that has good results.
IUI is best suited for females with reproductive issues including:
● Cervical factor infertility
● Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCO)
● Open tubes (post-endometriosis treatment)
● Ovulatory dysfunction
● Luteal phase issues
IUI can be utilized to promote pregnancy if men have slightly compromised semen parameters such as a lesser
than a normal number of sperms.
How Is The Procedure Performed?
1. The first step in IUI is semen collection. Men are provided private rooms where they can ejaculate to provide a sample of sperms. They can also use non-lubricated condoms to collect sperms via
intercourse. A sample can be brought from home (but should be submitted to the lab within 40 minutes). To have a better quality of sperms, the doctor advises abstinence from intercourse for 3-5 days
2. The sperms are then washed and concentrated inside the laboratory using special techniques. Normal and motile sperms are separated and concentrated.
3. The doctor then uses a catheter followed by sperm injection to inject the concentrated sperms into the uterus.
Extra Care At EasyMom
Rapid injection of sperms into the uterus (cervix) is a painful procedure. Our highly professional staff is trained
to give slow injection so there is minimum discomfort.